TIME MANAGEMENT AND DISTANCE LEARNING

 

         Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the DEP-Ed established the modal distance learning and so called the “new normal”. Modular distance learning is in the form of individualized instruction that allows learners to use self-learning modules in print or digital format/ electronic copy. The teachers takes the responsibility of monitoring the progress of the learners by checking their work submitted/dropped off at school at the end of the week. We may have the assistance the ask from our teacher through texting message or via phone call during the class hours only. This was a very important shock not only for university levels but also for all educational levels. 

      One of the biggest challenges of distance learning  was trying to meet the expectations of our teachers and our parents. Lack of knowledge, skills and devices, and internet connection, were the problems I encountered and experienced in this system of learning. I always get stressed answering my modules especially when I don't have an assistant to answer them all. It always ended with crying when I don't know what to answer. I've been also struggling with my mental health issues. Dealing with depression is not easy. To the point that you'll have the thoughts or just wanting to die because I can't  take it anymore of the stress, school activities plus personal problems; I also experienced going to sleep at two o'clock in the morning just to finished all my modules. I can't really even give with my friends because of I'm very very busy with my studies. Modular learning system is so challenging. But there is also a positive effects, that is to test your knowledge on how to face/overcome all the challenges that are given. It also helps our technical skills to develop. 

         Some are pressured to study in "new normal" type of learning. This are the things that I applied to cope all the challenges and task I've experienced, study on my own pace because modular learning is not a race. It is designed to be taken by little little. taking a little break after finishing1-2 subjects, just be relax and take a rest. I just need to rest my brain and my body. Making and managing my personal time.. Creating daily planner o keep one calendar for assignments, exams and family events. I also manage and practicing myself to balance of using a gadgets. It is also very helpful if you have the circle of friends that always helping you and they are always there if you needed them. Thank God, I'm very lucky because I have them. Realizing that it is okay not to be okay sometimes. It is normal during this crazy time to experience feelings of sadness, frustration, or anxiety. Remembering that I'm not alone, I have my parents, friends, people that I'm surrounded with, and especially God who is with me in all the battles and trials in my life. 




Reference: https://pia.gov.ph/features/2021/11/11/embracing-new-normal-education-amid-covid-19-health-crisis

Date : October 25, 2022

Comments

  1. thank you for sharing your experience and I
    wish that you feel better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your experiences are very relatable. I'm glad you had overcome those difficulties.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment